Loading...

Engineering Opening Week

June 22 : BEST Seminar and the Department Orientation I woke up really early. It was time to prepare for the department orientation. A night...

June 22 : BEST Seminar and the Department Orientation

I woke up really early. It was time to prepare for the department orientation. A night ago, I was busy texting my subordinates to join me in preparing the tarpaulins, posters and survival kits to be handed out in the afternoon in time for the Department Orientation.

As we were busy preparing for the event, Engineering freshies were already off to the Bulwagang Tandang Sora, College of Social Works and Community Development for their BEST Seminar - which is kind of a study habits and learning techniques seminar. Afterwhich, some of my orgmates fetch them and accompanied them to the Engineering Student Council's Grand Pakain.

Simultaneously, another group of orgmates are busy preparing for a talent show to be held tomorrow. Again, for the freshies.

It was pass 1 PM when we started putting up registration booths, fixing laptops for technicals and arranging chairs to fit in a medium-sized classroom. I and my committee mates were also busy tacking tarpaulins and publicity materials in the department. Our bibo block G-26 has already arrived. Reminds me of the freshie air I was able to inhale when I were a freshie. That's all different now.

Right after, we treated them at Lutong Bahay. Fruitshakes for free! The day ended with a pre-pageant for the Freshie Fashion Show. Unfortunately, our bets weren't able to snatch a spot in the Top 10.


June 23: Org Fuzion

Our organization was lucky enough to be at the
top twelve in the proposals part. So we need to be able to come up with an entertaining show. However, we were not prepared. As in. Our dancers backed out the last minute. Only the singers were able to practice well.

But do or die. We'll try. And so the performance went on, I must say I'm still proud that my organization delivered quite well than expected. We thought it would be a snoozefest and it would be a really really lame show - but I still found myself screaming their names. I am so proud of them that they have been able to represent with so little time in their hands. With that, great job. Especially to the singing crew, whom I had goosebumps while they were on the stage. Violin plays and an icy voice singing The Corrs' At Your Side.

All other organizations did a splendid job.

June 24: Yikee. Engineering Carnivale

It was my day, I have to say. No further explanations. As long as you are happy with who you are with, you won't really mind if you're doing nothing or how far the place you are going to. Enough said.

Consequently, it is the Engineering Carnivale. I didn't go out at the carnival since my organization doesn't have a booth there and I'm still bitter with the fact that another organization got away with out Balloon Bursting Carnivale idea from last year.

What a fun morning! My classes are all sabaw. My W-F's are just morning classes.

June 25: Pix Static

Its quite a busy day and I would have wanted to rest for hours but after my jampacked classes in the afternoon. I was messaged that we will be having a meeting around 7:30 in the evening that day. I waited three hours for a meeting that I won't attend to. Simply because I am broke and they told me they'll gonna have the meeting at KFC. Rar. My temper got the best of me and I walked out to sleep. That's the good part of it.

Anyway, some orgmates of mine accompanied the freshies to different spots in the university and its neighborhood. It is for a phototour contest.

Somehow, this day ended kind of lonely for me. I don't think I stand a chance, again.

June 26: GA, Bonding and the Shockwave

Another boring day. My classes finished half an hour before noon. Then, we went to the canteen to grab a lunch then zoomed off upstairs for a quick General Assembly. All's well. I was surprised to know that I have pending Publicity stuffs to keep myself busy by this weekend.


For the Mechanical Engineering students out there from UP Diliman :-) We are opening our application for the first semester. Our app's orientation would be on July 10 and 17. Time is after class, 4 pm in the afternoon, at the Quiet Zone.



After hours of waiting, I decided to join my batchmates in the sports clinic session in Mapayapa, UP Village. Our tricycle driver was so stupid, he didn't know where Mapayapa was. We ended up walking our way to the venue. Then, I slept. They played. Whatta productive three hours.

When we went back to the dorm at around 7 pm. I ate my dinner, then had some fun with the dormitory people. Newbies are trying to make us sign their sigsheet. :) Anyway, I went to the nearest internet cafe' since I wasn't able to check my mail and my online accounts for the past four days. When the cafe' was about to close, I had nowhere to go and so I went to the Engineering Freshman concert. It was lots of fun, though the crowd grew thinner each second.

The concert ended past 1am and I accompanied some freshie to Philcoa together with some of my co-ExeCom members. I decided to just surf the net.

June 27: :-)

I went back to the dorm by 6 am, in time for breakfast. Right after, I couldn't resist the sleepy feeling I have been feeling for the past two hours.

I was awaken by a weird sound in the backyard, another gobble from a turkey. I then checked my phone to see it was already 4PM. I then took a bath and planned to eat. A friend texted and said he hasn't eaten yet so we met and ate Tapsilog at Rodic's. My initial plan was to eat spaghetti with a melon fruitshake in Lutong Bahay but they were not open that day. I always forget that Saturday is their rest day.

It was a fun afternoon for me. Right after, I submitted articles to my boss. And she gave me two more, which is worth a lot than the usual.

Next thing I know, its Sunday and I had to go to church. Eat, sleep, read notes then submit two more articles.

I had just submitted the revised version of my articles earlier. I have accepted more assignments for this week. I pray that I'd be able to finish all, if not 75% of my tasks for this week. I have three pending articles to be submitted tomorrow. I hope I can submit them on time.

Anyway, this week has been a blast. Not only had I accomplished a lot of things; not only because there's a lot of organization matters that we've successfully pulled through; mainly, because I have connected with people I feel would be there for all times, the best this week.

Welcome, A.Y. 09-10! :-)
Writing 814872512250914589

Post a Comment

1 comment

control valves said...

I believe construction of such projects requires knowledge of engineering and management principles and business procedures, economics, and human behavior.

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo