Loading...

AKA Mobile Search Engine Feature

I hear a lot from online friends about AKA. They say that AKA is not just your ordinary mobile search engine and that you can search and f...

I hear a lot from online friends about AKA. They say that AKA is not just your ordinary mobile search engine and that you can search and find everything and anything anytime via SMS or the internet. Individuals and marketeers can publicize new information about their businesses, their products and other since any update can be posted through your mobile phones.

To prove to myself if the service at AKA is nice, I registered as inghinyero. They sent me a password through text so that I can access my dashboard. I see that I can connect with Facebook and get extra credits for that. It also feature interesting applications that enables users to enjoy their service as pasttime. They have a feature called mini-blog wherein you can upload your thoughts in the internet through your phones. It definitely breaks bounds between the internet and the mobile world.

But what mainly entices me is its function as a search engine since it is AKA's main feature. It is the only feature that anyone can access, even those unregistered.

Basically, you can search either from the web or through SMS. You can do so in the internet by going to the AKA website, then under the Test Drive tab, you can put the keywords there and voila, you've got search results.




What I did was I searched through Quick Find as seen in the screenshot. I searched Ms. Janette Toral's name since I was curious about her Influential and Emerging Blogs of 2009 Writing Project.

You can also search via SMS by texting AKA(space)FIND(space)KEYWORD/s and sending it to 0922.999.7255 where all of the commands are sent. However, I think the more relevant the keywords are, the results of the search will be better.

For example, what I did was I sent this code to the number 09229997255:
AKA FIND JANETTE TORAL

After which I received search results for the keyword I was searching for:


AKA does not only function as an
SMS search engine. It has innovated features so as to make messaging easier and secured.

One good thing too is the AKA mobile directory where I was able to create directory entries in AKA so that I can also be found by other people using AKA FIND. The instructions were simple and registration is fast and easy. But you can also register through text using the keywords AKA REG. These words ultimately becomes keywords that you can be traced to. This is a great way to populate your mini-site. You can populate the mini-site through text using keywords AKA SITE.

This AKA feature is very advantageous not only to the person searching but also the person who wants to be found. This is because it is very user-friendly. The owner of any directory entry can update everytime which makes the AKA directory fresh and informative.

The search engine feature will be very helpful especially if the network widens. I hope the handlers of this project make big efforts to make the network bigger for searching be easier and more accurate.
Search Engine 6154379818342443687

Post a Comment

1 comment

Unknown said...

sorry, off topic.
sige, let's exchange links. ;)

------

pam,
http://glam-angel.cn

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo