Loading...

I Passed ES 13!

The most dreaded ES subject. Yes, I passed it! They curved the Finals from 53 items to 45. At first, I didn't make it. But my 5th Long E...

The most dreaded ES subject. Yes, I passed it!

They curved the Finals from 53 items to 45. At first, I didn't make it. But my 5th Long Exams score is just a few points away to a passing score. Even my finals score is just a point away to passing the course.

But I didn't stop there, I did what was necessary to do. I didn't want to take the course anymore. I know I have put so much effort to passing the course and if only a few points splits up my chances of passing, I'd have to be determined and take actions. I then went to the professor who checked one of the problems; at first, he was hesitant to give me additional points. When I saw a paper, with the same answer as mines but with a score of 40 points (mines was scored 25), I immediately took that opportunity to get additional points.

Then, I went to the other professor who checked the other problem. He didn't give me any points. The thing is, I only need 6 points to pass. I was mummified; I felt like I blew it. I lost my chances of passing the course. But I know myself, I know I deserve to pass. I went back to the first checker of the 5th exam and I asked if I can still get 6 points for my only mistake in the problem is that I memorized the wrong formula and I concluded the wrong scenario. (Like, if sigma creep is less than sigma yield, then, it will fail by yielding.which should be buckling)

He said that he'll wait for my professor. There were two of us who were asking for points. When my professor came, they deliberated. And when they asked us to come after the deliberation, fortunately for me, I was credited 10 more points. Unfortunately, my classmate has to beg points from the terror professor again.

I was so relieved. I then gave my 5th Exam paper to my professor to record the adjustments. It was sooo worth it. Even if I wasn't able to study for Kas 2 (from 1-5pm, since I scheduled that I would), its just so rewarding to see that 60.27 raw score and the 3.0 mark beside my student number.

Afterwards, my other classmate who I was with earlier (who had the same situation), and I just hugged each other. We knew we needed to pass and now that we passed, we found comfort.

Ha! I only need to pass ES 12, and I'd be able to finish my ES by Summer! And I can now catch up with my blockmates! Woot for that!

Exams and Acads 8302937122812220798

Post a Comment

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo