Loading...

Pinoy Idol: Top 12 Female

Well, as expected, the program sucked. I recognized that they used the sucky Arial font for the labeling in the bottom of the screen, and i...

Well, as expected, the program sucked. I recognized that they used the sucky Arial font for the labeling in the bottom of the screen, and it annoys me. Not to mention, the voting guidelines were too small, its as if its intended for the ants to read. You see, it affects the voting population. Then, again, they used names instead of numbers. I wish Raymond would be keen on his grammar and the keywords for Idol contestants. He said “IDOL SUE ELLEN” of what should be “IDOL SUE” only. And the judges? They proved to be worthless again. Interestingly, I liked how Wyngard Tracy evaluates the performances. But all of them are overacting and trying hard.


One thing good tonight is that the female finalists are better than the male ones. These girls are leveled of for the competition. With two co-Iskolar ng Bayan at the females fight, I forced myself to watch another sucky episode.


Here are my opinions for the Top 12 Female finalists:


REGENE ONG. Another powerhouse belter, only with a twist, she’s a rocker. But anyway, her style and voice quality might make her the next Idol.

Idol Rating: 7. In this unforgiving world, heavy-weights are pretty much ignored. Marcelo (of Philippine Idol) proved that she doesn’t have to be beautiful and slim to win, but it takes a phenomenal performance for her to win this game.

DRIZZLE MUNIZ. I expected a lot from her since she was a music teacher. She’s one of the goodies at the preliminaries, but when she stepped on the stage earlier, I was kinda disappointed since she didn’t quite make it. She sang My Immortal by Evanescence.

Idol Rating: 6. She reminds me of Apple Chiu. Due to her, wanting to have a unique style, her gamble on the arrangement fell of. I am sure she can pull a good one if she doesn’t overanalyze.

SUE ELLEN. Sue Ellen sang Love Thing and I was a bit disappointed; she’s someone who can level off with Yeng Constantino, but her song choice didn’t give her the shiner she need to win the hearts of the people. Sue lacks stage presence; she’s cute and she has a really unique voice.

Idol Rating: 7. She’s an Idol material. One of the better performances of the group. She reminds me of Juris (MYMP).

JENI RAWOLLE. Jeni surprised me tonight. I didn’t like her in the preliminaries since I thought she’d be another Jelli Mateo. But tonight, she’s stunning, and she did fairly well with her song For Once In My Life. It might not be excellent but is surely worth listening to.

Idol Rating: 7. The girl has the face and a unique style which can keep her through.

VREN VILLAFLOR. She sang Fame. She’s a bit exaggerated with her performance. Though she had proven she has stage presence and she can belt, I do think it was a wrong song choice for her. She should consider having dance lessons too. She sucked with her Bakla poses.

Idol Rating: 7. Another one who can fight well but we’ll have to make her personality bloat. Uninteresting. Mediocre looks, reminds me of Francine Prieto.

BEV EJERCITO. She’s an Idol material too. For me, her courage to bring a new rendition to Crazy is a good move, but she failed because it didn’t showcase the versatility of her voice. She’s good in belting and her kulots, plus with that kind of style. Big hair=big personality type of chick, she’ll surely be remembered.

Idol Rating: 8. One of the top contenders of the show. Voice quality plus packaging, she’s one of the better ones.

CAROL LEUS. Carol kind of disappointed me tonight. She has that shining voice and unique tone in her, but she didn’t maximize her talent with the song she chose. She reminded me of Ira Marasigan (Philippine Idol, the one who should’ve made it through the Top 12). She sang I Believe in You and Me.

Idol Rating: 6. Doesn’t shine. Good voice. So-so appeal to audience.

MERYL DAVID. Meryl might have a few flats but she sings so well. She reminds me of Melinda Doolittle of AI 2007. She’s got the talent and the voice, but the charms, she’s quite short there.

Idol Rating: 8. One of the top contenders, vocal and performance-wise.

GRETCHEN ESPINA. OMFG! I didn’t watch Idol just for a failure. Gretchen tried out for Philippine Idol last year and didn’t make it through. She’s a member of the UP Singing Ambassadors. My take on her, she can sing but she’s not an Idol material.

Idol Rating: 5. She bored me. She has the looks, and quite good quality of voice but man, she had the worst performance of the evening.

PENELOPE. This girl rocked tonight’s competition. I want her through to Final 12 already. The voice. Oh, the chills I had when she sang! She’s the first contestant who I think could level off with an American Idol performance. By the way, she sang Natasha Bedingfields’ Wild Horses.

Idol Rating: 8. She just needs to improve on accuracy on singing and one piece of advice, be a little charming. Connect to the audience well.

MAE FLORES. When I saw her belt her way through I Will Survive, with Regene Ong on the Preliminaries, I was already a fan. Although she reminds me a bit of Wendy Valdez (Pinoy Dream Academy), she’s just freaking good!

Idol Rating: 8. Mae has the charms, the looks, the talent. She’s pretty. I can see Yeng’s rival in the Punk and Pop Princess tilt na. I just prefer Angeli than Mae. Her real name is ANGELIMAE FLORES.

JAYANN BAUTISTA. The second UP finalist was Jayann Bautista. She sang Secret. Though she didn’t move around the stage, I really liked her performance. It was uber okay. She smiles and melts me. She’s one of my bets too.

Idol Rating: 8. She’s beautiful and she had a very good performance.

Who’s going home? I’d like Gretchen to leave the competition but, she’s a Bisaya and her father’s a congressman; I bet they’ll spend lots of money voting for her. I think Vren, Carol, Meryl and Drizzle are in danger tonight. Carol, for being so dull. Vren and Drizzle, for their names. Meryl, for her face not registering too well in the camera. So who’s going home? I’d say DRIZZLE and VREN. Too bad, I want to see them still for the next round. I want Gretchen out. :D
Entertainment 7886798865001555412

Post a Comment

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo