Loading...

Not Another Pinoy Idol Rant and Other Stuffs

ABOUT MY BLOG AND OTHER RACKETS Sorry for leaving my blog for almost three weeks without a single update. It caused my Google Adsense earni...

ABOUT MY BLOG AND OTHER RACKETS

Sorry for leaving my blog for almost three weeks without a single update. It caused my Google Adsense earnings to dwindle down from almost a dollar a day to zero earnings in the past couple of weeks. But I still love Google since I can be assured that in the near future, I'll be having a laptop. Yes, I am almost certain that by the end of this year, I'll be having a laptop! Well, apart from Adsense, I make reviews and been into the SEO business through Miss Dine for whom I write articles for some blogs. I also engaged into tutorials and review centers.

Now you know what I've been into for the past weeks.

ACADEMICS

Even my academics won't spare me a bit. I had three major exams the past week. And two of them are on the same day. I really hope I pass them. I really need to finish this semester without any failing mark.

So today, our classes were suspended here in UP Diliman. Aside from the supposed-to-be "long weekend" which spans from Saturday up to tomorrow, we had another day off of our hectic school life. But then again, I had a class last Monday since we're really behind with the lessons.

Yesterday, I've scheduled a date with my organization buddy Jose since they're required to do so, but I backed off since I'm in for a terror Saturday. I have two exams on Saturday, yes, this coming Saturday. And I really have to prepare for it.

To top it all, our ME 63 (Thermodynamics) teacher gave us a bunch of homework to be submitted tomorrow. She also announced today that our 4th Long Exam will be tomorrow. Kamusta naman 'yon?

Pinoy Idol

Last Saturday,
August 16, the Pinoy Idol Final Performance Night was staged at SMX Convention Center, at the SM Mall of Asia. And as expected, it was crappy. An hour full of boring performances and out-of-tune singers. I can't believe that I was actually watching the Top 3 out of the thousands who have auditioned for the competition.

The Idol franchise has been the most prestigious singing competition worldwide. In 2006, ABC 5, now TV5 sought the franchise from Fremantle Media and on December 2006, Mau Marcelo won over the frontrunners Jan Kurt Nieto and Gian Magdangal. Though her fans seem to be not visible aftermath, they resort to buying her albums and in in December of 2007, she represented the Philippines in the first ever Asian Idol.

Then, GMA 7 snatched the franchise from ABC 5 (who has been planning big for a season 2).
And the rest is history...

That brought us the first ever GMA 7 Pinoy Idol Gretchen Espina, who's a University of the Philippines student, by the way. She's taking up BA European Languages and is in her graduating year when she joined the show. Greta is the daughter of the Biliran governor. She auditioned for Philippine Idol but she didn't even make it up to the Top 40.

The show has been criticized from its very first airing.
It was not able to live up to the expectations that the viewers and Idol fans. From bad hosting to the show being not live. From a variety show director directing it to its mode of voting (limiting it to texting only). Better contestants being eliminated to Pinoy Idol Extra bloating drama. From unclear acoustics, ugly stage and irritating lightings to its truly fugly timeslot. From its incompetent judges to incompetent finalists making it to Top 12 (such as Sue Ellen, Warren Antig, Gretchen Espina).

Mediocre talents. Mediocre production. Inconsistencies in gala performances and elimination nights. Sometimes, there's an intro performance, sometimes none. Sometimes, there's a recap, sometimes none. Sometimes all of the judges comments, sometimes not. Judges being inconsistent to the finalists; commenting negatively to actually good performers and complementing the ones who should've been out since the start.

They have very poor cinematography. They don't know how to give drama to the performances. Everything's a mess. Bara-bara. It seems like the show was done just to get it done and over with. Total may IDOL naman sa title.

I believe that they should really have a reality check! The winner is crappy, just as crappy as the show is. Don't ever blame it to the audience since you were the ones who chose the Top 24. And what's with the duplicating of songs per Idol? Kid Camaya even outsang the finalist Jayann Bautista with I'll Never Love This Way Again.

Next, they weren't able to indulge the audience to vote for their favorites, which brought us to relatives and close friends being the only ones who are voting on who'll stay or not; I believe that Gretchen Espina won because of this. ABC 5 even beat them to it, producing a quality winner even if the other contenders are known to be "rich". Still, the deserving one won.

I knew it, since Bev Ejercito, Meryl David and Walton Zerrudo getting the boot Pre-finals stage, this franchise would be a shoutfest, and crappy in its truest sense. That's why I immediately made the site Vote for the Worst Pinoy: Iboto ang Lagpak. The site has proven to be a success, for a lot of people, after the elimination of Mae Flores, Penelope, Robby Navarro and Kid Camaya has really made efforts to encourage people to vote for Gretchen Espina or Warren Antig--- aiming to stop GMA 7 murdering the Idol show.

Even some of the Top 24 that I have talked to couldn't agree more on how this show got downplayed to a Pinoy Pop Superstar-type of singing contest.

The show is nowhere close to AMERICAN IDOL, not even a spec of PHILIPPINE IDOL.
Bring the show back to where it belongs, bring it back to TV5.

I would have spared Pinoy Idol an ounce of respect if it manipulated the results come Final Three and included either Daryl Celis or Kid Camaya into it. But they didn't, and now we resort to a crappy winner. A dismayed runner-up.

I remember the Philippine Idol finale to be grandeus, magical and like a concert being shown in TV. It topbilled and headlined top papers in the country.

Pinoy Idol, I can only hear the sound of crickets aftermath.

BEIJING OLYMPICS SPELLS PHELPS

Michael Phelps. Michael Phelps. Michael Phelps. Olympics is equal to Michael Phelps. Need I say more.

He has garnered eight gold medals in a single olympics! GAWWD.

And come on! A total of sixteen medals! What the.




GOSSIP GIRL


And it's really back! I miss the show. I really hope that it won't disappoint me. The Season 1 Finale was such a bore. But this promotional poster is intriguing.

PINOY DREAM ACADEMY: LAARNI OWNAGE!

Even though I have lots and lots of extra-curriculars,
I still find time to watch this show. What makes it more appealing is that it has scholars full of personality. Currently, Laarni Losala is my favorite. For me, Bugoy has a good voice but not a winner material. Liezel and Cris lacks personality. I am predicting a Van-Sen-Laarni final three.

I HEART BETTY LA FEA

One of the shows that I'm looking forward to air.
What's best is that they retained the Bea Alonzo-John Lloyd Cruz tandem which just suits the concept of the show. I am uber excited.

LIPGLOSS

Last August 8, ABC 5 officially signed off and TV 5 replaced it
and one of the shows that I really enjoyed is this: Lipgloss! It's a Gossip Girl spinoff but the blogger is revealed and its a guy (Sam Concepcion). It's getting really exciting.

Anyway, that's about it. Random things, huh? I hope that I was able to fill you in with the recent happenings!

I have to prepare for my ME 63 exam for tomorrow!




The Reading Glasses 8963251092822840365

Post a Comment

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo