Loading...

USC Elections 2008

On March 4, UP will decide, who they would want to represent themselves in the USC. And here's my take, this is roughly what will appear...

On March 4, UP will decide, who they would want to represent themselves in the USC. And here's my take, this is roughly what will appear on my ballot, and I hope yours too. I have been carefully watching and listening the past few weeks so yea, I can say, about this time, I have made up my mind on who's in and out on my list.

For the Chairperson slot, I would certainly vote for Third Bagro! Someone who has done a lot and certainly you can be assured that would be doing something when given a chance on the seat, if you want change and leadership, he is the right man for the position. He has the credentials and the skills to make it at the USC chair position. Here's his here. At far second will be Jherrie Abella. I like it when he speaks, I just don't like his little pasarings and medyo paninira. I think you don't need to do anything like this just to get votes, you can do it all alone by yourself. You can get votes by being credible and by showing what you have REALLY accomplished the past year. Don't get me started with Steph Tan, she's at the far end. I don't think that she is the CHANGE we need in the USC. Third is. :D For me, Steph should consider first how she fared at the CSSP Student Council. If she did well, then she's apt for your votes. But as I hear it, and as I experienced last CSSP Week, it's the otherwise. I heard negative things about her attendance and her devotion as a chairperson. So, really. I don't think I have the assurance that she'll do the CHANGE we want when she gets the Chair seat at the USC.

For the Vice-Chairperson seat, I think that this will be a really close match between the three persons running for it. All are deserving for a seat at the USC, however, it is the Pi Gamma Mu International Honors Society Awardee and soon to be a Summa Cum Laude graduate Marian Panganiban that impressed me, not only because of her credentials but more of how she handles every question thrown at her, and how she delivers it. He answers simply but she has statements that impacts the people. She knows very well what she's saying, and she deals with issues point per point. Airah Cadiogan would be the second choice for me. She's the best in her party. :D She knows what she's saying and she justifies it. However, I still prefer Panganiban than her. I would be voting Titus Tan if he made it great at the College of Science Student Council, but I don't really think he did something significant. Or at least, the CSSC Raffle Tickets handling wouldn't be very magulo. You see, I am a UPDOSTSA member and I saw how they handled the CSSC Raffle thing. And yes, I was not satisfied. So much for his principles and his words. I really have no assurance that he'll do the right thing.

For the Councilors,
here's my shortlisted ranking.

Mae Palgan. She should be the #1 councilor this year. This girl can surely defend what she's fighting for. She can clear everything and she justifies concretely every point she raises.

Liane Reyes. In voting for Liane, you are voting for Engineering and at the same time for the Mass Communication students. Plus, in her aura, of being very gullible and being firm on what she's saying, I think she'd do well as a USC councilor.

JV Lachica. Lachica didn't really hit me at the first time but when he defended Alyansa's stand on TOFI which was paulit-ulit na lang na tinatanong sa kanila at pinaparatangang nagchange agad ng position about it, he did it pretty well. He's someone who's principled and I think we need that at the USC.

Bikoy Villanueva. Bikoy would represent the techie community! :D At least, that's why I'll vote for him. He's also one of those who you'd really be eying working in the USC. His blog at http://bikoy.net which he never fails to update along with his Cum Laude standing and his extra curriculars in STAND UP, its really amazing how he multitasks.

Rain Al Qaseer. I am voting for her as the representative of the dormers. She knows how it works and she's very knowledgable about the needs of the dormers. So yes, check sya para sa akin.

Stephen Larcia. For the sporty people and for the engineering students, I think this man can represent well. He's just a typical guy, but I think his actions will be speaking more of what he can do.

Some of the notable councilors, I'd probably be voting are:
Paul Feliciano.
Bevs Lumbera.
Beng Villamil.
Sherry Tismal.
Lucil Aguada.

At the down low.
Joseph Gutierrez
Carlo Marcaida
Bang Dizon
Lester Pascua
Rye Castillo

For Engineering representatives, here are my choices:
Daven Poblete and Bryan Ace Castillo.

MY EKIS VOTE would go to Fudge Tajar. :D This means, NO WAY. Ayoko sa mga medyo CHORVA ang UGALI. :D Gets? Hehe.

I believe pa rin sa pinaglalaban ng Alyansa. :D So that justifies why most in my list is ALYANSA!
Team Tayo!

http://images.tabulas.com/107280/r/ALYANSA2008_slateposter_online.jpg>


Post a Comment

Home item

ADS

Popular Posts

Random Posts

Flickr Photo